Tuesday, May 6, 2014

From Screwtape to Seussical

+Started my summer reading challenge with The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. quite a brain-warping experience for any reader i would say, especially for a believer like me. i've never put myself into the shoes of the devil to understand how he operates and deceives human beings. but it makes sense- if you want to fully know someone, you try your best to see life from his/her perspective. it's true brilliance that Lewis is able to do that here. many may be wary of putting themselves into this position, but more than it being a danger, it's a powerful tool for all Christians. by knowing a little more about the subtle and sly tactics of the enemy, i'm more aware of when i see these manifest in my own life.

this passage, along with many others, gave me the chills...
"our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."

the books i purchased from the used book sale at my library

+ was able to make it for the last thirty minutes of the used book sale at my library. i've never scanned through so many books so quickly like i did that day. i'm actually quite impressed that i was able to find so many treasures in so little time. excited that i'm starting to build my own library of books for my future classroom to hold :)

+ enjoyed watching a couple of my small-group girls perform in their school musical, Seussical Jr. and was reminded of a valuable Seussical truth- 
"a person's a person, no matter how small
what are some other Seussical truths that you know of?

No comments:

Post a Comment